One of the best rock kits available for schools anywhere in the world has been assembled by a dedicated team of TESEP geoscientists.
Now you can purchase a set of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks that are all:
- Guaranteed to be what we say they are.
- Labelled with numbers with a list to ensure you always know which is which
- Hold in your hand size so you can really see all the key features
- Nicely boxed, one box for each rock type (igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary)
- Free from distracting secondary minerals and other features not relevant to yr8-9 students
- Collected from reliable sources for ease of replacement if lost or damaged beyond use
In addtion the kit comes with:
- Stories about each rock, where they come from, how they formed
- Question and Answer materials to support student inquiry
- Extension materials including:
- Virtual 3D versions online
- Virtual thin sections to see what they are like on the inside
VISIT THE HAINES WEBSITE to purchase these great resources.
Rock Kits: $390 (excl. GST), includes one free Rock Kit PD* for one teacher
plus access to our password protected online teaching pack and extension materials once a PD* is attended.
Haines Educational are selling the laminated Plate Tectonics poster for $30 (excl. GST) and these great Rock Kits for us at the amazingly low price of $390 (excl. GST). You can also get the Rock Kit and Plate Tectinics poster as a bundle for $415 (excl. GST). Change the way you teach Earth Science today - Make sure you get the kit and access to the great support materials that go with them!
*PD can be a face-to-face event or an online webinar - see the Events listings for details of webinars or events in your area.
Rock Kit rocks are big enough to really see the minerals, the texture and other key features of the rock.
You can really see exactly what needs to be seen when teaching about the rock.
Each rock has been inspected to ensure it is what it should be and has no distracting secondary minerals or other features inconsistent with its classification!
Note: These rocks have been inspected by TESEP geoscientists and are
free from asbestos, asbestos-like minerals and other toxic materials.
TESEP thanks the amazing people and organisations that have helped make this kit happen:
- Australian Geoscience Council
- Federation University Australia
- Geological Survey of New South Wales
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Pyrenees Quarries
- AGL Loy Yang Pty Ltd and GHD Pty Ltd
- Dr Leslie Almberg
- Batesford Quarry
- Bloomfield Collieries
- Boral Montrose Quarry
- Dr Julie Boyce
- Conundrum Holdings
- Dr Nathan Daczko
- Trevor Dart
- Douglas Partners
- Dr James Driscoll
- Granites of Australia and Sam the Paving Man
- Max Kaye, McClure's Quarry
- Rob Kirk Consultants
- Kevin Lanigan
- Leslie Vale Quarry
- Martins Creek Quarry
- Andrew McKerron
- Greg McNamara
- Mount Shadwell Quarry
- Dr David Och (WSP)
- Philip Sansom and Geological Society Australia (Tasmania Division)
- Sibelco Australia
- Jill Stevens and Stephen Onians
- University of Queensland
- Wongara Quarry